- Start the second weekend after Labor Day and ends around Thanksgiving (around 10 game season)
- Levels of competition in order of strength:
- Recreational - Division 1, Division 2 etc.
- Playing Days
- All recreational teams will play on Saturday
- If there are not enough teams to form a Recreational Division, the teams will be moved up to the lowest Silver division.
Application to enter the District III Sanctioned Leagues
- District III Teams
- League fees are $50.00 per team and must have the Association approval.
- Non District III Teams
- League fees are $90.00 per team and must have their Association and District's approval.
- Team placement will be in the Competitive Divisions only
- The Associations are responsible for the league fees. A statement will be sent (by email) to the Association registrar who will forward it to the treasurer for payment. The statement will be sent just after the second week in September.
- Payment is non-refundable after August 1st. Entry fee is doubled after August 1st and tripled after September 1st.
- Penalty for dropping a team after August 20th is $50.00 and $100.00 after September 1st as well as the forfeit of the entry fee.
- All players and coaching staff are required to have properly prepared membership passes
to present to the referee at the beginning of every match.
- The game will be played when a team does not present membership passes to the
referee at the beginning of a match.
- The referee will note that a team did not present membership passes on the game sheet and
file a supplemental report with District 3 Disciplinary.
- Individual players without a membership pass will not play in the match.
Article III: - League Operation
The District League Operations shall be as follows.
- All League games will be played on the scheduled date.
- If field and/or times are changed, the home contact person on the schedule shall notify the opponent as soon as possible.
- Visiting contact person should call opposing contact person for directions if not contacted.
- If contact cannot be made, contact the League Administrator for an alternate contact.
- The Home team Association determines field location and kick-off time.
- Games shall not be scheduled to begin before 10:00 AM on Sunday and no earlier than 09:00 AM on Saturday, unless agreed upon by the visiting team.
- Games shall not be scheduled after 4:00 PM, unless agreed upon by the visiting team.
- Games shall not be scheduled earlier than 11:00 AM for teams where travel time
is greater than 2 hours. If there is a conflict with the travel time the League Administrator will resolve the issue.
- District III does not assign game officials. It is the responsibility of the home Association.
- District III does not assign fields. They are the responsibility of the home Association.
The home Association determines field location.
- Always contact the opposing contact person to verify the game field and game time.
Associations are forced to change fields and times very frequently. New schedules are not sent out for these changes. In many cases the District is not notified of these changes. Address of fields must be obtained from the home contact person.
Responsibility of Home team
- The following are the responsibility of the HOME team.
Marking the field of play.
Providing a proper game ball.
Providing adequate directions to the field 72 hours prior to the game
- Game rescheduling is mandatory for the Presidents Cup, and must be played no later than
three weeks from the scheduled date. No other game reschedules are mandatory
- The rescheduled date must be established before the date of the game being
- The team requesting the reschedule is required to submit the reschedule form with the date and time of the rescheduled game. Remember that the opponent has to agree to the rescheduled date and time.
- If the two teams cannot agree on a mandatory reschedule day or time the
League Administrator shall determine the date of the rescheduled game.
Scores and Standings
- The District III Web site http://www.district-3.org will be used to enter the scores and view standings. Click on the District III League button. Please notify the League Administrator of any errors as soon as possible.
- Each team shall enter the game's score as soon as possible after the game is played.
The standings will be immediately available.
Both teams, win. lose, or tie, should enter the score.
- Scores will be recorded with no more than a goal differential of 5. That means if a game ends with a score of 10 to 2 the score will be recorded as 7 to 2.
- Winner of each division is determined by total points:
Win = 3 points
Tie = 1 point
Loss = 0 points
Bye = 3 points (for the extra BYE that some teams have in their schedule)
- The first and second place winners of each division will receive a team trophy and 20 first or second place awards. In the event of a tie, the tie will stand. Awards will be given to all tied teams.
- All coaches must submit three official team roster game sheet to the game official prior to each game.
- Game sheets are printed from a link on each schedule.
- Membership Passes/Player Cards are required for all players. Valid passes are passes printed by the
Associations and/or Club on the official pass template distributed by Washington Youth Soccer,
showing on its face the current seasonal year, player’s name, player's team name and ID number,
player signature, a recent identifiable player photo, and is laminated.
- Select club player passes will not be allowed.
- Failure of a game official to appear will not constitute canceling a match. A substitute official
must be chosen, upon agreement by both team coaches, and his/her decision will be final.
- All players, U11 and above, must wear jerseys with numbers (minimum height of 6 inches).
- The numbers must be readily discernible from the sidelines and must be securely attached
so as not to create a playing hazard.
- Shinguards, with socks pulled up over them, are mandatory for all ages.
Protest and Appeals
- The Protest and Appeals Committee will not entertain or uphold any protests based on erroneous scheduling of whatever nature or protests based on a properly decided forfeiture.
- Protests and Appeals Procedures are explained at
Coaches must be familiar with these rules. A claim of ignorance of these policies and
procedures shall not be satisfactory grounds for the alteration or waiving of such policies or procedures.
A Protest form is provided at:
- Game official(s) must be notified prior to the start of a game of all suspended persons.
- Coaches must submit their game roster sheets with suspended written after the name of the person under suspension, prior to the start of the game.
- The Coach shall return the game roster sheet with the Determination and Notification Form they receive to the Disciplinary Committee verifying suspended person
- Disciplinary Procedures are explained at http://district3-org/by_laws/discipline.htm
Coaches must be familiar with these rules. A claim of ignorance of these policies and procedures shall not be satisfactory grounds for the alteration or waiving of such policies or procedures.
- Any person, other than a player, that is ejected from a game must attend the next Disciplinary hearing to explain their action. Failure to attend will be cause for suspension of the coach of the offending team.
Field Use Permits
- District III requires that any Association, Club, or Team requesting use of a field outside of their Association must complete the Field Use Request Form and receive approval before they are allowed the use of a field.
- Failure to comply with this rule can result in the Association to be held in bad standings with District III and a letter stating such to WSYSA.
Approved July 11, 2011
Report problems by e-mail to:GerdSchmidt@district-3.org
Top of Page